Stretching Exercises for Better Performance
Some of you might wonder why I added a stretching exercises section on break-dancing.net. The reason is really quite simple... IT HELPS!
How does it help? In multiple ways (all of which have been proven scientifically):
1) It increases your flexibility (powermoves become easier to pull off)
2) It keeps your muscles healthy (increases blood flow to the stretched body part)
3) It increases your energy levels by pumping more blood to your body
4) It reduces the risk of injuries (It’s hard to get hurt when you can bend like a rubber band)
5) It reduces your stress levels (allows you to be more creative with your routines when you improvise)
6) It serves as a great warm-up and cool-down
As you can see, stretching can boost your performance in many ways. I know that it can get boring at times, but it’s worth doing.
My goals in this section are to teach you the following:
- Basic to advanced stretches for beginners and professionals,
- Which stretches to use in a warm-up,
- Which stretches to use in a cool-down,
- How to stretch without injuring yourself, and
- When to stretch for optimal performance.
Alright, let’s stretch it out!
Warm Up Exercises for Bboys
Cool Down Exercises for Bboys
Go from Stretching Exercises to the Home Page